Gyroscope’s analytical development team is being expanded to develop state of the art methods for the characterisation of the company’s increasing portfolio of gene therapy medicines. The team is responsible for method development to support characterisation of AAV vectors and transgene proteins. As a result, Gyroscope is seeking a talented analytical development scientist with experience in molecular biological, immunoassay, and protein separation.
The chosen candidate will help to support aspects of the projects from early phases and the subsequent transition to clinical development, to underpin and support subsequent manufacture and characterisation of Gyroscope’s products. The role will help to initiate and support the development of innovative improvements in the design, characterisation and manufacture of cell and gene therapy medicines.
This role will give the chosen candidate an exciting opportunity to take novel and creative approaches to improving upon current state-of-the-art AAV characterisation methods and subsequent application within a team that is applying AAV vectors to the transformational treatment of human disease.
The successful candidate will join a rapidly growing world-class team and will have the opportunity to play a part in shaping the growth of this exciting biotechnology company.
- Develop, implement, and employ state of the art characterisation of AAV vectors and transgene proteins by a number molecular biological methods and immunoassays
- Evaluate assay performance and select methods capable to support QC release of Gyroscope’s products
- Conducting assay development experiments to support process development activities
- Ensuring all required documentation and experimental write-ups are completed and approved in a timely manner
- Ensure validity and reliability of data at all times
- Writing analytical development procedures and reports as required
- Present results internally and externally
- Support tech transfer to third parties and assay validation as required
- Support creation of regulatory submission documents
- Provide support for meeting management, action follow-up to ensure adherence to agreed milestones
- Cross-functional working with other departments in Gyroscope
- Management and scientific oversight of external programmes
Basic Qualifications (all competencies below need to be met)
- OR MSc. OR PhD in biotechnology, molecular biology or related discipline
- A background in recombinant protein OR antibody OR vaccine analytical development OR QC, with 1 to 5 or more years’ experience gained in industry (depending on qualification).
- Hands on expertise in development of qPCR, ELISA, and SDS PAGE method development.
- Experience with DoE approach for method development
- Ability to work to priorities and deliver projects on time
- Strong analytical and data interpretation capability
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly
- Ability to apply relevant models, techniques and methods and develop new ones
- Ability to assess resource requirements and deploy them effectively
- Ability to encourage a “quality by design” culture in others
- Experience in one or more of the following techniques: cell culture, multiplex qPCR, ddPCR, SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting, Southern Blotting, and agarose gel electrophoresis, capillary electrophoresis, mass spectrometry
- Experience in oversight of CMOs/CROs
- Knowledge of GMP, method transfer, and regulatory submission documents
- Knowledge and experience of the molecular biology of adeno-associated viruses (AAV)
The application should include a one page letter outlining how you meet the required competencies for this role at Gyroscope Therapeutics as outlined in the job requirements above. This letter should be accompanied by a two page C.V. Interested applicants should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to applicants:
Gyroscope will respond to applicants within four weeks of submitting your application. Should you not hear from Gyroscope within that time please consider your application unsuccessful at this time. If you wish to obtain feedback why your application was unsuccessful please contact Gyroscope using the e-mail address stated above.
Note to recruitment agencies:
This vacancy is not open to any agency. Please do not provide CVs unless specifically requested to do so.Apply +