We are currently seeking a highly motivated Research Scientist/Geneticist with a background in Genetics or Bioinformatics. Gyroscope’s mission is to develop genetically-defined therapies for the treatment of eye diseases linked to an unbalanced complement system. The company has built up a highly experienced and cross-disciplinary team and is developing cutting edge therapies for eye diseases with medical unmet need.
The successful candidate will join Gyroscope’s highly active research team which is responsible for the development of novel gene-based therapies from early in vitro and in vivo proof-of-concept to First-in-Man clinical studies. He or she will have a scientific background with relevant experience in genetic analysis/bioinformatics to reinforce the translational medicine approach sought by Gyroscope.
Typical responsibilities will include:
• Data mining of molecular data from all available sources, performing molecular analysis including identification and classification of sequence variants of specific genes of interest, genotyping results and any other data as indicated;
• Applying this analysis to the interpretation of clinical sequence results in the context of clinical trial patient selection, and documenting the findings in clinical reports;
• interpreting, reviewing or approving genetic lab results;
• communicating results of findings, for instance at conferences or in scientific journals;
• conducting or supervising lab research of other biologists or technicians working on genetics research projects (such as to assess functional impact of genetic variants or confirming phenotype of known variants).
The candidate must possess the following skills:
• Have a strong scientific background with a proven knowledge of current genomics technologies, applications and challenges in translation from research to drug discovery;
• Demonstrable statistical skills with experience of analysing large-scale genetic/genomic data;
• Independent working style with high self-motivation;
• Clear communicator with ability to prepare material for presentation, patent filing and manuscript publication.
The following skills are optional but highly desirable:
• Has direct research experience in one or more of the following modalities: immunology genetics (especially complement system), whole-exome sequencing/GWAS/genotyping data analysis, clinical assay development, biomarker identification, proteomics, gene therapy.
We understand that the perfect candidate does not necessarily combine all required/optional skills and encourage all interested candidates that fulfil at least some of the requirements to apply.
The application should include a one page cover letter outlining how you meet the required competencies for this role at Gyroscope Therapeutics as outlined in the job requirements above. This letter should be accompanied by a current C.V. Interested applicants should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.