We are currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Immunologist with a strong background in Complement Biology.
The successful candidate will join Gyroscope’s highly active research team which is responsible for the development of novel gene-based therapies from early in vitro and in vivo proof-of-concept to First-in-Man clinical studies. He or she will have a scientific background with relevant experience in immunology (and the complement system if possible), to increase the group’s depth of knowledge and expertise in this key area.
Gyroscope’s mission is to develop genetically-defined therapies for the treatment of eye diseases linked to an unbalanced complement system. The company has built up a highly experienced and cross-disciplinary team and is developing cutting edge therapies for eye diseases with medical unmet need.
The position will be based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, UK.
Candidate must possess the following skills:
• strong immunology background with proven knowledge of our current understanding of how proteins of the innate immune system participate in the activation and regulation of the complement system. This includes at least 4-5 years hands-on experience in a research lab;
• Have experience in the effective management of scientific teams and CRO third parties;
• Independent, hard working and highly motivated, able to deliver own tasks on time and inspire those around them into delivering theirs;
• Clear communicator with ability to prepare material for presentation, patent filing and manuscript publication.
The following skills are optional but highly desirable:
• Experience in product development or gene therapy, either in industry or academia;
• Experience in assay development (such as mass spec/proteomic-based assays, functional ELISA-based assays, cell-based assays);
• Background in ophthalmology or nephrology.
Activities and responsibilities
• Conduct or supervise research experiments to support early candidate evaluation and subsequent selection;
• Conduct or supervise the development of new assays and analytical techniques for nonclinical and clinical studies as required;
• Foster effective cross-functional interaction with other departments in Gyroscope;
• Demonstrable ability to prioritise and deliver projects on time.
• Ensure all required documentation and reports are completed and approved in a timely manner, ensuring validity and reliability of data at all times;
We understand that the perfect candidate does not necessarily combine all required/optional skills and encourage all interested candidates that fulfil at least some of the requirements to apply.
The application should include a one page cover letter outlining how you meet the required competencies for this role at Gyroscope Therapeutics as outlined in the job requirements above. This letter should be accompanied by a current C.V. Interested applicants should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.