Open position for Research Assistant in gene therapy company
The successful candidate will join Gyroscope’s highly active research team which is responsible for the delivery of novel adeno-associated virus (AAV) construct designs and early in vitro and in vivo proof-of-concept studies (PoC) for candidates in pre-clinical development. He or she will support all aspects of the projects from early phases and the subsequent transition to clinical development, as well as supporting subsequent vector manufacture and testing. The role will involve supporting the initiation and subsequent development of innovative improvements in the design, characterisation and manufacture of gene therapy medicines.
The position will be based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, UK.
• Experience in histological techniques, including sectioning, mounting, staining and visualising samples;
• Experience in molecular techniques (such as cloning, PCR, agarose gel electrophoresis);
• Preparation and maintenance of accurate laboratory records.
• Experience in cell and tissue culture, working under aseptic conditions;
• Experience in assay development (particularly sandwich ELISA, cell-based assays, functional ELISA-based assays);
• Experience in gene therapy development or methods for the design and generation of biopharmaceutical viral vectors;
• Background in ophthalmology, immunology and/or complement research;
• Experience in industry.
Activities and responsibilities
• Conducting research experiments to support early candidate evaluation and subsequent selection;
• Development of new viral vectors to answer research questions or improve current techniques;
• Ensuring all required documentation and experimental records are completed and approved in a timely manner, ensuring validity and reliability of data at all times;
• Effective cross-functional interaction with other departments in Gyroscope;
• Ability to prioritise and deliver projects on time.
We understand that the perfect candidate does not necessarily combine all required/desirable skills and encourage all interested candidates that fulfil at least some of the requirements to apply.
The application should include a one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the required competencies for this role at Gyroscope Therapeutics as outlined in the job requirements above. This letter should be accompanied by a current curriculum vitae. Interested applicants should submit their applications to email@example.comApply +